Runner #1 - MaryLyn S
Runner #2 - Kristyn M
Runner #3 - Holly C
Runner #4 - Carri N
Runner #5 - Lacey W
Runner #6 - Ryan S
Runner #7 - Jamie D
Runner #8 - Scott N
Runner #9 - Shannon K
Runner #10 - Jenni J
Runner #11 - James W
Runner #12 - Tiffany N
If you're wondering why I left Runner 5 open, it's because I don't know how conditioned they will be and this seems like a leg that most people could do.
We need another vehicle, Scott and I are providing our Durango for "Van 2", but we need something that can hold 6 people and their stuff for 36 hours for "Van 1". Does anyone have access to a minivan, large SUV or passenger van?? If not we need to arrange for a rental. If we need to do that how should we divide up the cost?
I copied this from the Ragnar site:
Securing Vehicles
- Your team will need two support vehicles for race day. The vehicles need to hold at least 6 passengers. Vehicles can be no longer than 21 feet (aprox the length of a Ford Excursion or 15 passenger van). We recommend choosing a vehicle that will have plenty of room for you to be comfortable during the long haul.
- If your team does not have access to a vehicle you may rent one at a discount from Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Make Sleeping Arrangements
- Once you have an idea of where you’ll be during the race you need to decide as a team where you’d like to sleep. Each van will have a few hours to sleep before returning to the race course to meet up with the over vehicle. The off vehicle will have a few hours to rest before returning to the race course. You can plan to use this time to sleep, eat, or relax at the next major exchange. Using your estimates from the pace calculator find a sleep location that you can travel to and from quickly. Usually teams that book hotel rooms book them somewhere between legs 18 and 24. There are a few exchange where we will provide a place for you to sleep. For a list of exchanges with places to sleep click here. Many teams prefer to reserve a hotel room along the route. For a list of hotels along the route click here.
NAME OUR TEAM! VAN DECORATIONS AND COSTUMES!
Carri, I know you're creative and if you're thinking you're not, may I remind you of the AWESOME Spongebob valentine box you did??
Name, to see a few ideas view the comment to the very first post. I also saw this on Facebook this morning about the New England relay. Lots of good pictures and they have cool socks! Hey maybe we could be "Sock-it-to 'em" and just have fun socks to wear and hang off the cars?? I also like the "skid marks" that is shown in this post, kinda funny. We could do something with "road rash" or "road kill".
Cool blog post from a water logged New England runner this morning - http://just-what-am-i-thinking.blogspot.com/2009/09/ragnar-relay-new-england.html
Do we want to wear costumes and decorate the vans? We probably won't be going all out like these people did but we should do something simple at least. What is everyone thinking?
Check this out for some insight.
http://kspinning.wordpress.com/2008/03/08/pimping-our-ride/
http://www.runningrelays.com/?page_id=13
We also need two reflective vests and one, maybe two "tail" lights for people to wear on the back of them during the night runs. We have two headlamps that we'll bring.
Alright, that's it for now, but please check back here often to see what's new. I'm using this blog for team communication. If you need an invite to be a contributor to this blog let me know and I'll send you one.
I think it would be fun for everyone to do introductions on here. I'll do mine soon. That way we can get to know each other a bit before the race.
Good Luck training!!! Put some hills into your runs :)
Cool! Thanks! We found it worked well to have 2 vests, lights, and headlamps per van so one runner was suited up and ready for the next runner coming in and they didn't have to stop and exchange sweaty vests. I have a vest and butt light I can bring. I have looked into van rentals, and to rent in St. George, and divide it between 6 people it was like $35 per person or something like that. I just hope they have vans left if we need one.
ReplyDeleteI also have a new pack of window markers for the vans. :0)
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who has a couple vests we could probably borrow if no one else has them--then we won't have to buy any.
ReplyDelete