Monday, September 28, 2009

Start Time is 10:00 A.M.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they've given us the start time of 10 A.M. That's good news for van 1, gives them a little bit more time to sleep Fri morning. They also sent me a pace calculator and with the 10 o'clock start time we are estimated to finish at 2:46 P.M. Sat. I have it in Microsoft Excel so if you want me to send it to you let me know. Or if you know how to put it on here let me know. It has estimated running times for everyone. I will try to get this out through emails. Any suggestions of a better way? I'm not very computer savvy and I think that Krisyn, Carri and I are the only ones that read this. My email is tiffsdr@yahoo.com

I have asked Scott's boss if they want to "sponsor" us and pay for a rental van(s). They are thinking about that and I will post as soon as I know. In case they don't, ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NAMES?? Even if you don't care, please tell me what you like. If you have a favorite, post a comment. We're a week and a half away with no name. We might end up being TBD3. Lame.

I got 300 glow bracelets for us/cars for the night time runs. We used them in the Wasatch Back and they were a good way to spot our car and were fun.

We still need reflective vests and something to use as a "tail light". We have two "tail lights" that would work, but I'm seeing if you have something that would work better. Well, one of ours is good. It's a reflective red circle that can flash. The other is a little bright light that we hook onto our dog's collar. I don't know how well that will work. I think between us and Carri we have enough head lamps.

If you haven't looked at the post below, please do. You need to pack light, 6 people, their stuff, food and water can be a tight squeeze.

So far I haven't gotten any "yes" for a room for Fri night, so I'm going to say let's just find somewhere to sleep. Each van should coordinate sleeping bags, blankets, tarps and whatever else you might want/need. Someone brought some little sleeping pads four our car at the WB, they were nice to sleep on with a blanket. I just checked the weather. In Logandale/Overton where we start they are predicting for next Wed 10/7 (that's as far as in advance for now): High 83 Low 60 and Henderson High83 Low 63.

I think that each van should also coordinate FOOD- carbs and protein!, WATER and sports drinks, baby wipes, garbage bags-in case of rain so 1 or2, paper towels-one roll, ziploc bags-a few of different sizes, toilet paper-one roll, cooler and anything else you think you will need. Kristyn and Carri you are in charge of Van 1 and I'll be in charge of Van 2.

Anything else????

1 comment:

  1. oh man--I totally commented on here earlier and I guess it didn't save it. Bummer. I don't feel like writing a novel again, so here are the highlights: We will go with whatever name, but we like Friends, Family, and Fools, Death by Fire--Valley of Fire, The Longest RUNNING show in Las Vegas, and There Is No Spoon. After you explained it to me, I actually found myself telling myself that there is no spoon when I was running my 10 miler the other day. :0) Also....I have a vest, led, and headlamp. Carri and I are coordinating.

    ReplyDelete