Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome Lacey!! Our team is complete :)

OK everyone, we have 12 people!!!! Yaahooo!

Now to more nitty gritty stuff. Van 1 you are all in the Ogden/south Salt Lake region. It would probably be good to co-ordinate things between the 6 of you. Like when you want/can come down before the race? Can you carpool? When do you want to go back home after the race? Do some of you want to stay and play in Vegas?
I was thinking, if you want, to have people stay at our house in Cedar Thurs night and we all, or you van 1, can drive to the start. Van 2 doesn't need to be there until you get to exchange 6. Anyway, if people stay here we can have a little dinner - carb load party and meet everyone and DECORATE cars! (no one's given any input on a team name). I have to submit start times for us and Ragnar will assign us a start time based on what we want and our average pace and what is available. I was thinking about a 9 AM. The pace calculator said if we started then we should finish about 5-6 PM Sat. The start is about a 2 hour drive from my house and we need to be there at least 30 min early. Let me know if you want a later/earlier start time or if you like the 9 AM plan. Please feel free to shout out your opinion on things, I don't care and it's nice to have other ideas.

Another thing we should think about is getting a room somewhere along the route on Fri night so we can have a place to actually rest instead of hoping a field of grass or a gym floor is available. Tell me your thoughts on splitting the cost of a room. OR does anyone know someone living close to exchanges 18-24??? Maybe we could crash on their floor for a bit if that wouldn't be too inconvenient.

I hope everyone has looked over their legs. If you have any questions please comment, go to the Ragnar site or you can call or e-mail me. We have 3 weeks and 2 days. Train smart, do the runs you need, but be careful.

I'm getting really excited!! This is going to be really FUN, mostly after it's done. But that seems to be the case for most of the races I've done.

COMMENT PEOPLE!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think the hotel is a great idea. I don't think it will cost much at all if we split it between all of us. I don't care on team names--I know that isn't helpful. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Holly and I were planning on driving down Thursday afternoon (we'd love to stay at your place) then driving home on Sunday (hopefully after a good and long sleep). We can't leave our poor husbands with the kids for more than 4 days---I am not sure what we would come home to. :0) Playing in Vegas is a fun idea, though. Too bad! I am curious as to what the others are doing. We were just going to drive a little Honda Accord, so unfortunately, we can't fit 6 people and gear in there. I have looked into van rental a little, so I am fine going that route if no one has a vehicle. We will just need to get on it soon. I can't wait to meet everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Webb/Schmidts will probably drive down Thursday afternoon. Ryan's parents live in St. George...I think we're going to try to stay there Thursday night. I don't know when we're planning on coming home. As far as a place to sleep along the route...I'm good splitting the cost of a hotel, or crashing at a school. It really doesn't matter to me. As far as a vehicle, I have a truck that seats 6, and we could throw all our gear, etc. in the back. But it certainly wouldn't leave much space to stretch out while driving. Or we could rent a van...whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me. Oh ya, we also have two head lamps...

    ReplyDelete